Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Priority check.

Cell phones, the internet, TV, Facebook, Twitter, work, relationships. There is so much going on in life right now. Our focus doesn't stay in one place for very long. We don't do the same task for very long, or make sure it has slight variations, with a few exceptions. We as a society like to be stimulated and often. I myself find this true. I get bored easily, but am luckily easy to entertain.

With all of the stimuli we have in our lives, it is so easy to become distracted. Lose focus on things that matter (or at least should matter) and focus on such mundane and trivial things. Family can take a back seat. Our faith can take a back seat. Where do we place importance? Is it on the small things we do that we won't remember in a week from now? Or is it on something that will make an impact years from now? I've been struggling to stay focused and remember what my priorities are and I took a minute on my lunch break today to look at some verses I had written down over time. Colossians 3:2 "Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things." Caught my attention. Time for a priority check, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment